1. Open your Rockland Trust bank account. Visit any Rockland Trust bank branch or open your new account online.
2. Move your direct deposit. To move direct deposts from an employer, download and complete this direct deposit form. Include a voided deposit slip or check from your new Rockland Trust Bank account and deliver it to your company's Human Resources or Payroll Department.To move direct deposits from the government, simply mail the form to the appropriate government agency. Or for social security deposits, just call 800.772.1213 to complete the change over the phone.
3. Move automatic payments to your new Rockland Trust account. To switch automatic payments, (such as your mortgage payment, phone company or electric company) you can download and send the completed automatic payment change form to each vendor or contact them by phone and give them your new account information.
4. Sign up for Online Banking with Bill Pay and Mobile Banking, all for free! With Rockland Trust's online banking, you can manage your money from almost any computer or your mobile device. View all your accounts and the most recent activity. Transfer money between your Rockland Trust accounts and other financial institutions. Pay bills safety and securely with the free bill pay feature. Enjoy the safety and security of having your statements online.
5. Close your old bank account. Finally, it's time to close your old account. To do this, you don't even need to go to your old bank. Just download and send this completed authorization closing form to your old bank and say goodbye. If there is an outstanding balance, they will mail you a check. Make sure all old transactions have cleared before completing this step.
What additional information will I need?
Your new Rockland Trust account number.
The Rockland Trust bank "routing number" is 011304478.
Your old bank account name, number, and address.
Still have questions? We're here to help. Email Customer Service or call 800.222.2299
* Other banks may impose a fee for the use of their ATMs.