Your security is our top priority.
That is why we have partnered with Trusteer, a leading expert in financial security. Trusteer Rapport is online fraud protection software, customized to protect users of Rockland Trust Online Banking - at no cost to you. Trusteer Rapport does not replace your antivirus and is not an antivirus solution. It works differently and prevents attacks that your antivirus solution cannot detect or remove.
Trusteer Rapport protects your user ID and password from fraudsters. It also helps prevent malware and fraudulent websites from stealing this sensitive information.
Trusteer Rapport is a lightweight security software solution that protects web communication between enterprises, such as banks, and their customers. It implements a completely new approach to protecting customers. By locking down customer browsers and creating a tunnel for safe communication with the online website, Trusteer Rapport prevents Man-in-the-Browser malware and Man-in-the-Middle attacks. It also prevents phishing via website authentication to ensure that account credentials are passed to genuine sources only.
To download and install Trusteer*
For Windows , the latest MAC OS Leopard, Tiger, Snow Leopard and Mountain Lion versions.
Trusteer Rapport Overview:
- Keeps your computer's connection with our website safe so criminals can't access it when you're using online banking. Trusteer Rapport can also be used to protect other sites where you use financial information, such as online shopping.
- Trusteer Rapport should be downloaded to each PC or Mac you use to access secure websites, with a login ID and password, in order to help protect you from Malware, Phishing, Pharming, Session Hi-jacking, and Keylogging.
- Works in conjunction with your anti-virus software and firewall to provide an extra layer of protection.
- Takes only moments to download and install. It begins protecting immediately upon installation with no need to restart your computer.
- Does not interfere with your computer's normal processes; runs quietly in the background.
- Alerts you when you visit a fake website that looks like Rockland Trust, which may result from phishing, pharming.
- You'll know Trusteer Rapport is running when you see the icon in your browser's address bar.
On a protected website, the icon is green:
On an unprotected website, the icon is gray:
- To protect a website, click on the Trusteer Rapport icon (if gray) and click "Protect this Website." The Trusteer Rapport icon will turn green to let you know it is now protecting the website.
- No special connection or maintenance required. As future updates become available, they are pushed to Trusteer Rapport automatically at no charge.
- Supported by Trusteer. Trusteer operates a 24x7 support center that you can contact via email, chat, or phone.
- Free to Rockland Trust consumer and commercial online banking customers. Log into Rockland Trust Online Banking to download now.
- For using an RSA token, Trusteer Rapport is compatible and can be used as an additional layer of security. Trusteer Rapport should not be used in lieu of your RSA token; rather, it can be used along with your token.
* By clicking one of the "download links" above, you acknowledge, understand and agree that: (1) The Rapport software is provided by a third party and Rockland Trust. You will be subject to all the terms and conditions of use established by the third party; and (2) The software is provided "as is" and you assume all responsibility and risk for the use of this software. Rockland Trust disclaims all warranties of any kind whatsoever, either express or implied, as to the software. Without limiting the foregoing, Rockland Trust makes no warranty that the software will be effective, accurate, reliable, secure, timely or error-free. Under no circumstances shall Rockland Trust be liable to any user for direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages, arising from or relating to the downloading, use or misuse of the software. This liability disclaimer does not take away any rights you may have, if any, under applicable federal and state laws limiting your liability for unauthorized funds transfers.