Mobile & Online Banking FAQs
First Time User Log In
A. After you enroll in Online Banking, follow the steps below.
- On the Rockland Trust home page enter your existing User ID and click the Login button.
- On the next screen select “I am a New User” check box, then click Login. Do not enter a password in the password box.
- You will be directed to a page displaying the secure contact information we have on file for your account. Select one Secure Access Code delivery method from the list you can access immediately: phone, text message, or email, then click Submit. The Secure Access Code is only good for 15 minutes, so if it does expire, you will need to request a new one. NOTE: If all of the contact information we have on file is inaccurate or out-of-date, you cannot proceed any further. Please contact us to provide updated information. Enter the Secure Access Code, then click Submit. (Do not navigate away from the screen. If you need to access your email account to retrieve your code, please open a new browser window or browser tab.)
- Read the Online Banking Agreement, then click I Accept.
- Verify/Update your Online Banking Profile information and click Submit.
- Enter a password twice, then click Submit. Note: the second time you log in, you will be prompted to obtain a Secure Access Code again. At this time you will be presented with the option to register your computer. If you registering (register) your computer, you will no longer need to obtain a Secure Access Code when logging in.
A. Yes. As a personal banking customer, you can transfer money between your Rockland Trust checking and savings accounts and accounts you may have at other financial institutions. To learn more about transferring funds to your account at another financial institution, click on the Manage External Accounts feature in Online Banking. Business accounts do not have this option.
Q. Can I transfer funds to another Rockland Trust accountholder?
A. Yes. As a personal banking customer, using the Friends and Family Transfers feature, you can transfer funds to another Rockland Trust accountholder. You will need the accountholder's email address and the last 4 digits of their account number. Business customers do not have this option
A. To make transfers between accounts follow the steps below.
Under Payments and Transfers click on Transfer Funds
- Enter the fields for From Account, To Account, Date and Amount . You may also enter a description for your reference.
- Choose whether it is a One-Time or a Recurring transfer. If it is a Recurring transfer, enter the details of how the transaction is to occur.
- Once finished click Submit .
- A summary of the transaction is shown. Click Approve. If you want to save it for later you can click on Draft .
A. Yes, the app will prompt you to take a picture of both the front and back of your check. As in any deposit, you will need to endorse the back of the check.
Q. How do I know if the picture of the check is clear enough for deposit?
A. When you submit the check, the app will review your submission. If the picture is not clear enough, you will receive an error message. You will need to re-enter the information and re-capture the images (front and back) to submit the deposit again.
Q. What should I do with the check after I have deposited it through the Mobile Banking app?
A. The app will tell you that the deposit was submitted. However, that doesn't mean that the deposit is complete. We may reject the check based on limit, quality of image, or other reasons that we deem necessary. You should hold on to the check until you see it posted on your statement. If for any reason your check is returned from the processing bank, we will send you an image of the item you initially deposited for verification.
Q. How long does it take to deposit funds/when will the funds be available?
A. Generally, funds will be available the next business day if you make your deposit before 7 p.m. EST. See your account agreement for details.
Q. How will I know if my deposit was accepted?
A. If you make a deposit during a business day before 7 p.m. EST., you will receive an email from us that day letting you know if the deposit was accepted or if there was an issue that may require you to redeposit the check through your phone or at a branch/ATM. If you deposit after 7 p.m. EST. during a business day or anytime on a weekend or holiday, you will receive notification the next business day.
Q. What do I do if my deposit isn't accepted?
A. If there is an issue with your deposit, you will receive an e-mail giving you directions on what to do next.
Q. Do I need to use a deposit slip?
A. No. Sending a clear picture of the front and back of the check is all that's needed for the deposit.
A. You will need to set them up as a User within Online Banking and select the transaction types you wish to make available to them.
Note: In order for a User to make a deposit, they must have Deposit Rights to that account and View Rights to at least one account.
A. Our service is highly secure, designed to fully safeguard the privacy and security of your financial information. Unlike normal Internet communication, all information sent to and from our processing center is encrypted and sent through a secure communications channel. Messages cannot be redirected, read, or tampered with. We also take advantage of the maximum level of security supported by your browser, including 128-bit RC4 encryption.
A. Only you can authorize payments. You have complete control over whom you are issuing a payment to, the exact payment amount, when the payment should be sent or whether to pay the bill at all. If you have a flat fee or recurring bill that you would like to have paid each month, you can select to make that payment automatically through the autopay option under the payee name.
A. If you have forgotten your User ID, please contact Rockland Trust via e-mail at Customer.service@RocklandTrust.com or by phone at 800.222.2299.
If you have forgotten your password, please enter your User ID at the Rockland Trust homepage. When prompted for a password click on the Forgot my password link. Select how you would like to receive your one-time Secure Access Code. Enter the code in the box provided and select a new password.
Q. How do I change my Online Banking password?
A. Log in to Online Banking and follow the steps below.
Under Settings , click on Security
- Click on the Password tab.
- Enter the old password and the new password as noted and click on Submit Password Changes.
A. Log in to Online Banking and follow the steps below.
Under Settings , click on Security
- Click on the Login ID tab.
- Enter the new Login ID and click Submit Login ID Change.
A. The following browsers have been tested and determined to provide reliable user experience for our online banking. Keep in mind, some of the browsers listed may show some slight cosmetic behavioral differences, but generally support the use of the online banking application. It is always recommended to use the latest supported browser version available from the provider.
|Browser Operation System||Current Version|
Microsoft Internet Explorer® on Windows 7
Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows 8
|Firefox on Windows 7 and 8||17|
|Safari on Windows 7 and 8||5.1x|
|Chrome on Windows 7 and 8||24|
A . If you choose to register your computer you may not be asked to obtain a Secure Access Code at each log in. If you choose not to register the computer you will be asked to go through the Secure Access Code process each time you log in on this computer. You should NOT register a public computer or a computer that others might use outside of your control .
A. Click on the Statements tab within Online Banking and accept the E-Statement disclosure by entering the code provided at the time of enrollment.
A. Click on the Statements tab within Online Banking and then select the statement you would like to view.
A. Statements will be available for 3 years.
A. You can set up alerts for date reminders, balance notifications, transaction alerts, and more. To learn more about alerts click here .
A. Log in to your Online Banking account and click to open the Alerts page under the Settings section. There are four types of alerts that you can set up; general account, date, history, and transaction alerts. There are additional alerts specific to the security of your log in information located under the Settings, Security page, Alerts tab. Click here to learn more about setting up Online Banking alerts.
A. You can choose to receive alerts by email, phone notification, text, or a secure message notification within Online Banking.
A. Mobile Banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable Mobile Banking app, depending on your phone capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, view recent account activity, transfer funds, pay bills, and find ATM or branch locations. Mobile Banking is also available for text (SMS) for viewing account balances and making account transfers.
Q. Do I have to be enrolled in Online Banking to use Mobile Banking?
A. To enjoy all the features of Mobile Banking, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today.
Q. How much does Rockland Trust Mobile Banking cost?
A. There is no charge associated with this service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
A Yes. The Mobile Banking service utilizes best practices from Online Banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, two-factor authentication to access, and requires a secure access code (SAC) to complete certain transaction types. There is also a time-out built in when the system senses no activity. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone. In the event your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by calling Rockland Trust at 800.222.2299 weekdays 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
A Here are some general best practices for banking on your mobile device:
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile phone, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the Log Off button when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent Mobile Banking apps.
A. There will be no financial information from Rockland Trust saved on your mobile phone as part of our Mobile Banking service. Do not add your log in credentials to the memo pad or voice record them on your mobile device, as this information could then be obtained by others. We also recommend that you password protect your mobile device if possible.
Mobile Banking App FAQs
A. You can download the Rockland Trust Mobile Banking app by visiting the App Store or Google Play.
Q. What mobile devices are supported?
A . Most Android and Apple devices. If you do not have one of these devices, you may want to consider our Mobile Web or Text Banking options.
Q. Do I need a user ID and password to use the Mobile Banking app?
A . If you are already enrolled in Online Banking, use the same user ID and password you use to access your Online Banking account. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today .
A . If you have forgotten your user ID, please contact Rockland Trust via e-mail at Customer.service@RocklandTrust.com or by phone at 800.222.2299.
If you have forgotten your password, please enter your user ID at the Rockland Trust homepage or within the Mobile Banking app. When prompted for a password click on the Forgot my password link. Select how you would like to receive your one-time Secure Access Code. Enter the code in the box provided and enter a new password which can only be done from a registered device.
Q. Can I pay a bill using Mobile Banking app?
A. Yes, once you have set up your payee in Online Banking Bill Pay, you have the ability to send a payment to that payee using the Mobile Banking app. Please note: New payees cannot be created within the app, you must go into Online Banking to add a Payee
Q. Which Rockland Trust accounts can I make transfers to/from in the Mobile Banking app?
A. Any accounts that have been previously set up within Online Banking for transfer capabilities will have Mobile Banking access.
A. Once you complete the transfer, a confirmation message displays on the screen. You can also review your pending and processed transfers within your transfer activity. You may also contact Rockland Trust for assistance at 800.222.2299.
A . You need to be enrolled in Online Banking in order to take advantage of the Text Banking features. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today .
- Login to your Online Banking account.
- Click on Mobile Banking Settings under Settings .
- Select the Text Banking tab, fill in the appropriate information to enable and authorize Text Banking, and click Submit .
- When prompted, click OK and enter up to a 4 character Display Name next to each of your accounts that you would like to be able to access via Text Banking.
- Click the Submit button and your Text Banking is now activated. You will receive a welcome text from Rockland Trust shortly after completing this process.
Q. Where can I find all text commands?
A. Simply text LIST to 226563 and you'll receive a text message with all text commands (BAL, HIST, etc.)
A. Follow the steps below to change your phone number for Text Banking:
- Under Settings tab, click on Mobile Banking Settings .
- Click on Text Banking (third tab).
- Enter your cell phone number in the SMS Text Number box and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit to save changes
Q. Does Text Banking work with my pre-paid services plan?
A. You can use any phone that accepts SMS texts. Message & Data rates may apply.
A. You need to be enrolled in Online Banking in order to take advantage of Mobile Web Banking. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today .
Once enrolled, click on Mobile Banking Settings which is located under Settings within Online Banking and follow the directions.
After successfully setting up Mobile Banking, you can visit m.rocklandtrust.com from your phone's browser.
Q: What is the URL for Rockland Trust Mobile Web?
Q. How do I securely leave my Mobile Banking browser session?
A. Select the Sign Off link to sign out of Mobile Banking.