Mobile & Online Banking FAQs
A . After you enroll in Online Banking, follow the steps below.
- On the Rockland Trust home page enter your existing User ID and click the Login button.
- On the next screen select " I am a New User " check box, then click Login. Do not enter a password in the password box.
- You will be directed to a page displaying the secure contact information we have on file for your account. Select one Secure Access Code delivery method from the list you can access immediately: phone, text message, or email, then click Submit. The Secure Access Code is only good for 15 minutes, so if it does expire, you will need to request a new one. NOTE : If all of the contact information we have on file is inaccurate or out-of-date, you cannot proceed any further. Please contact us to provide updated information. Enter the Secure Access Code, then click Submit . (Do not navigate away from the screen. If you need to access your email account to retrieve your code, please open a new browser window or browser tab.)
- Read the Online Banking Agreement, then click I Accept .
- Verify/Update your Online Banking Profile information and click Submit .
- Enter a password twice, then click Submit. Note : the second time you log in, you will be prompted to obtain a Secure Access Code again. At this time you will be presented with the option to register your computer. If you registering (register) your computer, you will no longer need to obtain a Secure Access Code when logging in.
Q. Should I register my computer for later use?
A. If you choose to register your computer you may not be asked to obtain a Secure Access Code at each log in. If you choose not to register the computer you will be asked to go through the Secure Access Code process each time you log in on this computer. You should NOT register a public computer or a computer that others might use outside of your control.
Q. What is a Secure Access Code?
A. A Secure Access Code is a one-time use code that allows you to securely log in to our online banking system and is delivered to you via e-mail, phone call, or SMS text. You will also need a Secure Access Code if you delete your security certificate or "cookie" that we've stored on your computer, or if you log in from a computer that was not registered for repeated use.
Choosing to register my computer for later use authorizes us to store a security certificate on your computer which will speed up the verification process in the future, and eliminate the need to use a Secure Access Code on each login.
A. Yes. As a personal banking customer, using the Friends and Family Transfers feature, you can transfer funds to another Rockland Trust account holder. You will need the account holder's email address and the last 4 digits of their account number. Business customers do not have this option.
A. Yes. As a personal banking customer, you can transfer money between your Rockland Trust checking and savings accounts and accounts you may have at other financial institutions. To learn more about transferring funds to your account at another financial institution, click on the Manage External Accounts feature in Online Banking. Business accounts do not have this option.
A. To make transfers between accounts follow the steps below.
- Under Payments and Transfers click on Transfer Funds .
- Enter the fields for From Account , To Account , Date and Amount . You may also enter a description for your reference.
- Choose whether it is a One-Time or a Recurring transfer. If it is a Recurring transfer, enter the details of how the transaction is to occur.
- Once finished click Submit.
- A summary of the transaction is shown. Click Approve.
- If you want to save it for later you can click on Draft.
A. Yes, the app will prompt you to take a picture of both the front and back of your check. As in any deposit, you will need to endorse the back of the check.
A. When you submit the check, the app will review your submission. If the picture is not clear enough, you will receive an error message. You will need to re-enter the information and re-capture the images (front and back) to submit the deposit again.
A. The app will tell you that the deposit was submitted. However, that doesn't mean that the deposit is complete. We may reject the check based on limit, quality of image, or other reasons that we deem necessary. You should hold on to the check until you see it posted on your statement. If for any reason your check is returned from the processing bank, we will send you an image of the item you initially deposited for verification.
A. Generally, funds will be available the next business day if you make your deposit before 7 p.m. EST. See your account agreement for details.
Q. How will I know if my deposit was accepted?
A. If you make a deposit during a business day before 7 p.m. EST., you will receive an email from us that day letting you know if the deposit was accepted or if there was an issue that may require you to redeposit the check through your phone or at a branch/ATM. If you deposit after 7 p.m. EST. during a business day or anytime on a weekend or holiday, you will receive notification the next business day.
Q. What do I do if my deposit isn't accepted?
A. If there is an issue with your deposit, you will receive an e-mail giving you directions on what to do next.
Q. Do I need to use a deposit slip?
A. No. Sending a clear picture of the front and back of the check is all that's needed for the deposit.
Q. Why can't my Admin or Users make check deposits into my business account?
A. You will need to set them up as a User within Online Banking and select the transaction types you wish to make available to them.
Note : In order for a User to make a deposit, they must have Deposit Rights to that account and View Rights to at least one account. If there is an issue with your deposit, you will receive an e-mail giving you directions on what to do next.
General Online Banking Questions
A. Our service is highly secure, designed to fully safeguard the privacy and security of your financial information. Unlike normal Internet communication, all information sent to and from our processing center is encrypted and sent through a secure communications channel. Messages cannot be redirected, read, or tampered with. We also take advantage of the maximum level of security supported by your browser, including 128-bit RC4 encryption.
A. Only you can authorize payments. You have complete control over whom you are issuing a payment to, the exact payment amount, when the payment should be sent or whether to pay the bill at all. If you have a flat fee or recurring bill that you would like to have paid each month, you can select to make that payment automatically through the autopay option under the payee name.
A. If you have forgotten your User ID, please contact Rockland Trust via e-mail at Customer.service@RocklandTrust.com or by phone at 800.222.2299.
If you have forgotten your password, please enter your User ID at the Rockland Trust homepage. When prompted for a password click on the Forgot my password link. Select how you would like to receive your one-time Secure Access Code. Enter the code in the box provided and select a new password.
Q. How do I change my Online Banking password?
A. Log into online banking and follow the steps below
- Under Settings, click on Security
- Click on the Password tab
- Enter the old password and the new password as noted and click on Submit Password Changes
Q. How do I change my Login ID for Online Banking?
A. Log in to Online Banking and follow the steps below.
- Under Settings , click on Security
- Click on the Login ID tab.
- Type in your desired new login ID
- Click on Submit Login ID Changes.
Q. What are the minimum browser recommendations?
A. Click on the button to see whether your browser meets the latest security requirements for safe Online Banking and Internet use.
Q. How do I enroll in paperless statements?
A. Click on the Statements tab within Online Banking and then accept the E-Statement Disclosure. Once accepted you will be shown the e-statements online for your account(s).
Q. How do I access my paperless statements?
A. Click on the Statement s tab within Online Banking and then select the statement you wish to view, print or download.
Q. How long are paperless statements available?
A. Statements will be available for 3 years.
Q. What type of alerts can I set up?
A. You can set up alerts for date reminders, balance notifications, transaction alerts, and security alerts. Click to learn more about alerts .
Q. How do I set up account alerts?
A. Log in to your Online Banking account and click to open the Alerts page under the Settings section. There are four types of alerts that you can set up; general account, date, history, and transaction alerts. There are additional alerts specific to the security of your login information located under the Settings, Security page, Alerts tab.
Q. How will I receive my account alerts?
General Mobile Banking Questions
A. Mobile Banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser or a downloadable Mobile Banking app, depending on your phone capabilities. Both options allow you to: view account balances, view recent account activity, transfer funds, pay bills, and find ATM or branch locations. Mobile Banking is also available for text (SMS) for viewing account balances and making account transfers.
A. To enjoy all the features of Mobile Banking, you must be enrolled in Online Banking. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today.
A. There is no charge associated with this service. However, there may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your phone. Check with your wireless phone carrier for more information.
A. Yes. The Mobile Banking service utilizes best practices from Online Banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption, two-factor authentication to access, and requires a secure access code (SAC) to complete certain transaction types. There is also a time-out built in when the system senses no activity. In addition, no account data is ever stored on your phone. In the event your phone is lost or stolen, the service can be immediately disabled by calling Rockland Trust at 800.222.2299 weekdays 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m .
A. Here are some general best practices for banking on your mobile device:
- To prevent viruses or other unwanted problems, do not open attachments from unknown or untrustworthy sources.
- Do not install pirated software or software from unknown sources.
- Limit unauthorized access to your cell phone. Do not leave your mobile phone unattended during an open mobile banking session.
- Never save your User ID and Password in the mobile phone, in memos, or anywhere on your device.
- Always remember to log off properly using the Log Off button when you have completed your Mobile Banking activities.
- Be aware of the potential for fraudulent Mobile Banking apps.
A. There will be no financial information from Rockland Trust saved on your mobile phone as part of our Mobile Banking service. Do not add your log in credentials to the memo pad or voice record them on your mobile device, as this information could then be obtained by others. We also recommend that you password protect your mobile device if possible.
Mobile Banking App FAQs
A. Y ou can download the Rockland Trust Mobile Banking app by visiting the App Store or Google Play.
A. Most Android and Apple devices. I you do not have one of these devices, you may want to consider our Mobile Web or Text Banking options.
A. If you are already enrolled in Online Banking, use the same user ID and password you use to access your Online Banking account. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today .
A. Yes, once you have set up your payee in Online Banking Bill Pay, you have the ability to send a payment to that payee using the Mobile Banking app. Please note: New payees cannot be created within the app, you must go into Online Banking to add a Payee.
A. Any accounts that have been previously set up within Online Banking for transfer capabilities will have Mobile Banking access.
A. Once you complete the transfer, a confirmation message displays on the screen. You can also review your pending and processed transfers within your transfer activity. You may also contact Rockland Trust for assistance at 800.222.2299.
Mobile Text Banking FAQs
A. You need to be enrolled in Online Banking in order to take advantage of the Text Banking features. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today.
- Login to your Online Banking account.
- Click on Mobile Banking Settings under Settings .
- Select the Text Banking tab, fill in the appropriate information to enable and authorize Text Banking, and click Submit .
- When prompted, click OK and enter up to a 4 character Display Name next to each of your accounts that you would like to be able to access via Text Banking.
- Click the Submit button and your Text Banking is now activated. You will receive a welcome text from Rockland Trust shortly after completing this process.
A. Simply text LIST to 226563 and you'll receive a text message with all text commands (BAL, HIST, etc.).
A. Follow the steps below to change your phone number for Text Banking:
- Under Settings tab, click on Mobile Banking Settings .
- Click on Text Banking (third tab).
- Enter your cell phone number in the SMS Text Number box and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Click Submit to save changes.
A. You can use any phone that accepts SMS texts. Message & Data rates may apply .
Mobile Web FAQs
A. You need to be enrolled in Online Banking in order to take advantage of Mobile Web Banking. Not enrolled in Online Banking? Enroll today.
Once enrolled, click on Mobile Banking Settings which is located under Settings within Online Banking and follow the directions. After successfully setting up Mobile Banking, you can visit m.rocklandtrust.com from your phone's browser.
Q: What is the URL for Rockland Trust Mobile Web?
A. Select the Sign Off link to sign out of Mobile Banking.