Online Banking Alerts
Online Banking Alerts
Online banking alerts will also notify you of important account information and personal reminders based on your selected preferences.
After logging into your online banking account, open the "Alerts" page found in the Settings section.
There are four sections you can set up; general account, date, history, and transaction alerts.
There are additional alerts specific to the security of your login information located on the "Alert" tab of the "Security" section under Settings.
Alerts can be delivered to you in the following ways:
- Secure Message Notification - an alert will always be delivered to your secure mailbox under the Services > Messages menu. In the case that you fail to receive an email, or miss a notification phone call, you can always confirm and review your alerts in your secure mailbox.
- Email Notification - an email notification will be sent when your alert triggers.
- Phone Notification - you can receive a phone call from our voice banking system when your alert triggers. If you choose to receive a phone call, you should enter the desired time you want to receive the call any day the alert triggers.
- Text Message Notification (if applicable) - a text message will be sent to your mobile device. Note: You may be charged for text messages depending on your mobile plan.
Here is a listing of the alert functions available through the online banking system.
Account-based alerts : Account-based alerts that trigger based on changes to your account details. They can be set up either on every occurrence or only the first:
- Current and Available balance - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Collected balance - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Available Overdraft balance - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Interest Paid Current Year - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Interest Paid Last Year - triggered by an amount greater than or less than an amount you enter.
- Current Payment Amount and Total Amount Due - depeending on the type of accounts you have.
Date Alerts : Date-based alerts that offer a convenient reminder of important dates or events. Add date alerts for an anniversary, appointment, birthday, calls, a general date to remember, a meeting, a travel date, or a vacation date.
History Alerts : History alerts are date-based alerts that can be set up based on a check number, a credit or debit transaction, or a transaction description.
Transaction alerts : Transaction alerts are status-based alerts for bill payments, changes of address, check reorder, an external transfer, a funds transfer, or a stop payment.
Security Alerts : The following events can be triggered and will be delivered when the security event occurs:
- When a computer/browser is successfully registered
- When a new user is created
- W hen a valid challenge code is presented
- When a valid password for your login ID is submitted
- When a valid security access code is submitted
- When an invalid challenge code is presented
- When an invalid password for your login ID is submitted
- W hen an invalid secure access code is submitted
- When a "forgot password" is attempted for your login ID
- When your challenge code is changed
- When your login ID has changed
- When your login ID is locked out of online banking
- When your login ID login is disabled
- When your password is changed
- When your secure delivery contact information is changed
- When your security alert preferences are changed
- When your user profile is updated
- When the "forgot password" process is attempted unsuccessfully
- When the "forgot password" process is successfully completed
Additional Transaction Alerts for Businesses:
The following additional transaction alerts can be set up:
- ACH Collection
- ACH PassThru
- ACH Payment
- ACH Single Payment
- ACH Single Receipt
- Change of Address
- Check Reorder
- Funds Transfer
- International Wire
- Wire Transfer
- Authorized - Cancelled - Drafted
- Processed Successfully - Processing Failed
- Only send a secure message
- Send me an email
- Call me
- Send me a text message
The following alerts have been set up for your added protection by Rockland Trust and cannot be shut off.
- Password Changed - Sends an alert when your online banking password is changed.
- Login ID has changed - Sends an alert when your online banking login ID is changed.
- Your secure delivery contact information is changed - Sends an alert when the method you have selected to receive secure delivery is changed.