Rockland Trust Awards $15,000 in Scholarships to College-Bound Students
ROCKLAND, Mass. (June 20, 2013) - Rockland Trust today announced it awarded six $2,500 scholarships to high school graduates in communities from Cape Cod and the South Shore to Rhode Island and MetroNorth, whose students were eligible for the scholarship for the first time this year. The bank selected winners within its footprint based on academics, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and an essay about why community service is important to them.
"At Rockland Trust, we strive to support the communities in which we live and work," said Christopher Oddleifson, President and CEO of Rockland Trust. "These students exemplify the same commitment to excellence and service in their community as Rockland Trust. We are delighted to award them with a scholarship that recognizes both their dedication to academics and community service."
This year, the bank received more than 400 applications from students in Plymouth, Barnstable and Bristol counties, as well as Cohasset, Randolph, Braintree, Quincy, Wellesley, Rhode Island, and its newest communities in MetroNorth. Rockland Trust awarded a $2,500 scholarship to each of the following students:
- Gianna Cacciatore, graduate of Whitman-Hanson Regional High School, plans to attend Harvard University
- Mollie Chipman, graduate of Cohasset High School, plans to attend Tufts University
- Gemma Fuller, graduate of Woburn Memorial High School, plans to attend Endicott College
- Vincent Lin, graduate of Falmouth High School, plans to attend Harvard University
- Nathan Peterson, graduate of Mashpee High School, plans to attend Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- Kiely Wilcox, graduate of St. Mary's Academy Bay View, plans to attend the University of Notre Dame
Rockland Trust's President and CEO Chris Oddleifson and Executive Vice President Jane Lundquist presented the scholarships at a special reception for the students and their families at the bank's corporate offices in Hanover.
About Rockland Trust Company
With $5.7 billion in assets, Rockland Trust is a full-service commercial bank headquartered in Massachusetts which provides a wide range of consumer, business, investment, and insurance products and services. Named a Boston Globe "Best Place to Work" for four consecutive years and one of America's "Best Banks" by Forbes for three consecutive years, Rockland Trust's network consists of 75 retail branches, 10 commercial lending offices, four investment management, and three residential lending centers throughout Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. To find out why Rockland Trust is the bank "Where Each Relationship Matters®", please visit www.RocklandTrust.com. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.