Rockland Trust Charitable 2014 Foundation Awards $25,000 in College Scholarships
ROCKLAND, Mass. (July 24, 2014) – The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation today announced it awarded 10 scholarships of $2,500 each to college-bound high school students in the Metro West region. The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation and a committee formed by the principal of each school selected the winners based on academic achievement, community involvement, character, and financial need.
The Foundation presented scholarships to the following students:
- Billy Joel Antoine, a Foxboro High School graduate, plans to attend the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Colin Barry, a Franklin High School graduate, plans to attend the University of Rhode Island
- Rachel Beech, a Newton North High School graduate, plans to attend Dean College
- Tasha Boger, a Tri-County Regional Vocational High School graduate, plans to attend Bridgewater State University
- Emily Davis, a Waltham High School graduate, plans to attend the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Talitha DeFaria, a Milford High School graduate, plans to attend Boston University
- Danielle Hebert, a Bellingham High School graduate, plans to attend the University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Carolyn Kenny, a graduate of Learning Prep in Newton, plans to attend Springfield CollegeMatthew Pucci, a Medfield High School graduate, plans to attend Gettysburg College
- Jared Talamini, a Blackstone Valley Technical High School graduate, plans to attend the Wentworth Institute of Technology
The scholarship program was established in 2005 to benefit college-bound high school students in the Metro West region. Through the program, Rockland Trust promotes the importance of education by assisting families with the cost of sending their children to school.
Arthur Viana, First Vice President and Director of the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation; and Kerri Pigott, First Vice President and Metro West District Manager presented the scholarships to the winners during a reception at the bank’s Franklin office.
About the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation
The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation serves the communities of Bellingham, Blackstone, Foxboro, Franklin, Hopedale, Medfield, Medway, Mendon, Milford, Millis, Newton, Norfolk, Waltham and Wrentham. The Foundation focuses on four primary areas: education, health and human services, youth programs and community development in our service area. For information about the Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation, please contact Jeanne Travers at 781-982-6637 or visit www.RocklandTrust.com.
About Rockland Trust
Independent Bank Corp. has approximately $6.3 billion in assets and is the holding company for Rockland Trust Company, a full-service commercial bank headquartered in Massachusetts. Rockland Trust offers a wide range of banking, investment, and insurance services to businesses and individuals through retail branches, commercial lending offices, investment management offices, and residential lending centers located in Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as well as through telephone banking, mobile banking, and the Internet. Rockland Trust, which has been named as one of America's "Best Banks" by Forbes for three consecutive years, is an FDIC Member and an Equal Housing Lender. To find out why Rockland Trust is the bank “Where Each Relationship Matters ®”, please visit www.rocklandtrust.com.