Government and Municipal Investing
Your Partner in Municipal Investing
Investing services for municipalities and government entities must expertly address the varied complexities of managing public funds, trust and OPEB funds. Our highly experienced team has a long history of managing and administering public funds for municipal treasurers, finance directors, chief financial officers and their investment committees.
A responsible, comprehensive approach to long-term municipal investing
The Rockland Trust Investment Management Group administers and manages public funds through various vehicles:
- Long-term trust funds with recordkeeping services
- Stabilization and depreciation funds
- Municipal light and utility funds
- Community Preservation Act (CPA) funds
- Other Post-Employment Benefits (OPEB) Funds (developing policy, advising on actuarial liability, managing assets and directing disbursement)
- Cemetery perpetual care funds
Additionally, we provide appropriate asset allocation according to the Massachusetts Legal List of Investments and the Prudent Investor Rule by helping with the following:
- Investment policy formation
- Asset allocation analysis
- Investment manager selection
- Portfolio monitoring
- Attesting to fiduciary status
- Expertise in Massachusetts General Law
- Mass. List of Legal Investments
Contact our Municipal expert to help review your municipal business and investing needs.
Brian Callow, CFA
Senior Vice President & Director of Fixed Income
Senior Vice President & Director of Relationship Management
Margaret (Margie) Vose
Vice President & Financial Consultant
Credentialed team with long-standing expertise in investing for MA Legal List
Investing for Non-Profits
Focused on your fiduciary responsibilities and investments.
Your nonprofit organization's most important job is carrying out its mission. Let Rockland Trust focus on the financial end with world-class nonprofit investment services customized for educational institutions, foundations, health care institutions and other charities in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. Rockland Trust has a long history of working non-profit investment committee executives and board members to help them fully understand and fulfill their obligations as fiduciaries.Helping you build a successful financial plan.
Rockland Trust's Investment Management Group focuses on your nonprofit's fiduciary duties, risk-management issue and the complex market environment to create a long-term plan that addresses your needs and goals. Our attentive team provides expert guidance in many areas.
- Evaluates your current Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Works with you to create a new or modified IPS, if warranted
- Determines the investment strategies aligned to meet your nonprofit’s IPS-specific investment objectives and spending needs
- Practices an investment management style designed to minimize downside risk
- Mitigates risk through regulatory and compliance monitoring
- Provides personalized, local service
- Produces sophisticated customized reports for monitoring investment performance
Provided by Bright Rock Capital Management, LLC.
Institutional investment solutions leverage high-quality companies that deliver strong and stable earnings. Bright Rock Capital Management, LLC assists institutions and high net-worth individuals in Massachusetts and Rhode Island create an investment strategy based on proprietary screening metrics and rigorous quantitative research, complemented by disciplined, bottom-up fundamental analysis.
Sophisticated counsel at your service.
Bright Rock Capital Management's team customizes investment solutions that result in a diversified portfolio of high-quality businesses, structured to deliver superior returns. These solutions are available for various institutions.
- Pension plans
- Third parties
- Fund marketing firms
- Trust companies
- Retirement plan sponsor