Rockland Trust Scholarships
Seven $2,500 scholarships will be awarded in 2017.
At Rockland Trust, we believe in strengthening the communities in which we live and work by building enduring relationships. That is why we’re happy to offer scholarship opportunities to the youth in our communities.
Eligibility Requirements include:
- Applicant must live within Rockland Trust’s service area.
- Rockland Trust employees and their relatives are not eligible.
- Applicant must be entering college for the first time, enrolled as a full time student (as defined by the accredited educational institution at which the applicant has enrolled), in an undergraduate course of study which offers courses beyond the high school level. Enrollment only at accredited colleges, universities and community colleges will be considered. The scholarship is available only in the first semester of study.
- Applicant must fall in the top 50% of their graduating class.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify Rockland Trust of other financial aid that has been awarded to the applicant. The Rockland Trust scholarship award plus any financial aid received by the student must not exceed the total of tuition, books, fees, room and board.
- Should the recipient withdraw from the educational institution, any refund due should be returned to Rockland Trust.
- Official transcripts of grades from the high school the applicant attends must be included with the guidance counselor’s portion of the application and must include the two most recent semesters’ grade point average. A copy of the applicant’s highest ACT or SAT scores must be included in the guidance counselor’s portion of the application.
- If you are chosen as one of the seven award recipients of the 2017 Rockland Trust scholarship, you will be required to supply a letter from the college to which you have been accepted for the fall semester of 2017 to verify enrollment. If you are chosen and do not supply this letter, you will forfeit your scholarship award.
Rockland Trust Scholarship 2016 winners!
Seven $2,500 scholarships were awarded in 2016.
Pictured below are 6 of the 7 2016 Scholarship winners along with Jane Lundquist, Executive Vice President, Director of Consumer & Small Business Banking and Christopher Oddleifson, President and Chief Executive Officer.
Congratulations to all our winners! Please click on their name to read their winning essays below.
- Katie Curran of Pocasset and Sturgis Charter Public School East
- Molly Cahill of Kingston and Montrose School
- Amanda Putman of Taunton and Taunton High School
- Joseph Cavanaro of Cohasset and Cohasset High School
- Alexis Serino of Medford and Medford High School
- Griffin Plaag of Norwood and Norwood High School
- Emily Sawyer of Franklin and Franklin High School