Purpose: To recognize and reward exceptional high school students in our market area for academic achievement and community involvement.
Awards: 11 $2,500 scholarships
- Applicant must live within Rockland Trust’s service area.
- Rockland Trust employees and their relatives are not eligible.
- Applicant must be entering college for the first time, enrolled as a full time student (as defined by the accredited educational institution at which the applicant has enrolled), in an undergraduate course of study which offers courses beyond the high school level. Enrollment only at accredited colleges, universities and community colleges will be considered. The scholarship is available only in the first semester of study.
- Applicant must fall in the top 50% of their graduating class.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify Rockland Trust of other financial aid that has been awarded to the applicant. The Rockland Trust scholarship award plus any financial aid received by the student must not exceed the total of tuition, books, fees, room and board.
- Should the recipient withdraw from the educational institution, any refund due should be returned to Rockland Trust.
- Official transcripts of grades from the high school the applicant attends must be included with the guidance counselor’s portion of the application and must include the two most recent semesters’ grade point average. A copy of the applicant’s highest ACT or SAT scores must be included in the guidance counselor’s portion of the application.
- If you are chosen as one of the 11 award recipients of the 2020 Rockland Trust scholarship, you will be required to supply a letter from the college to which you have been accepted for the fall semester of 2020 to verify enrollment. If you are chosen and do not supply this letter, you will forfeit your scholarship award.