Check back soon to see our 2021 recipients!
- Applicant must live within Rockland Trust’s service area (which includes cities and towns in Barnstable, Bristol, Dukes, Essex, Middlesex, Nantucket, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, and Worcester Counties).
- Rockland Trust employees and their relatives are not eligible.
- Applicant must be entering college for the first time, enrolled as a full time student (as defined by the accredited educational institution at which the applicant has enrolled), in an undergraduate course of study which offers courses beyond the high school level. Enrollment only at accredited colleges, universities and community colleges will be considered. The scholarship is available only in the first semester of study.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to notify Rockland Trust of other financial aid that has been awarded to the applicant. The Rockland Trust scholarship award plus any financial aid received by the student must not exceed the total of tuition, books, fees, room and board.
- Should the recipient withdraw from the educational institution, any refund due should be returned to Rockland Trust.
- Official transcripts of grades from the high school the applicant attends/attended must be included with the guidance counselor’s portion of the application and must include the two most recent semesters’ grade point average.
- If you are chosen as one of the 11 award recipients of the 2021 Rockland Trust scholarship, you will be required to supply a letter from the college to which you have been accepted for the fall semester of 2021 to verify enrollment. If you are chosen and do not supply this letter, you will forfeit your scholarship award.
- Selection will be based on the applicant’s academic achievement, community service and extracurricular activities.
- Applications must be either completed online or postmarked by March 15, 2021 to be considered. Winners will be notified by May 17, 2021
- Applications must be complete and accompanied by the two most recent semester grades on an official high school transcript.
- The Rockland Trust Scholarship Committee will record and score all complete applications received by the deadline. Scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Academic Accomplishment: 25 points
- Community Service/Extracurricular Activity : 45 points
- Essay: 30 points
Rockland Trust is committed to the communities we serve and our cultural commitment to diversity and inclusion is steadfast. We are requesting your assistance in collecting demographic data to help us better understand our scholarship applicants.