Scam artists continually find new and creative ways to get what they want but this is YOUR life and at Rockland Trust, we want to help you navigate the latest scams to keep your money safe.
Spot the Scam: Email Scams with Julie Beckham
Spot the Scam: Phone Scams with Julie Beckham
Spot the Scam: Homeowner Scams with Julie Beckham
Through an engaging, interactive workshop, seniors will learn why scam artists are targeting them and how to protect themselves and their loved ones.
New scams emerge every day. Please stay safe, arrange a free, virtual workshop of the This is YOUR Life: Consumer Protection for Seniors for your Council on Aging or Senior Center and beware of current scams listed below:
Ignore offers for vaccinations and home test kits.
- Scammers are selling products to treat or prevent COVID-19 without proof that they work.
Hang up on robocalls.
Automated phone calls that deliver a recorded message
- Scammers use illegal sales call to get your money and your personal information.
Watch out for phishing emails and text messages.
Phishing emails look like they are from a person/company you know and then lead you to reveal passwords or personal/financial information
- Don’t click on links in emails or texts you didn’t expect.
Research before you donate.
- Don’t let anyone rush you into making a donation. Get tips on donating wisely at ftc.gov/charity.
Stay ahead of the game.
- Learn more about how to avoid scams and consumer fraud that targets seniors by contacting our Financial Education Officer, Julie Beckham at Julie.Beckham@RocklandTrust.com to set up a free virtual workshop for your Council on Aging or Senior Center.